Friday, July 20, 2007

White Chocolate Cheesecake


Owww...I love a good cheesecake. Especially ones that taste like this... Cheesecakes are very simple to make, but only if you have the use of electric beaters...

*Taken from the 'Kraft' website*

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups chocolate cream filled biscuit crumbs
60g butter, melted
500g Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
200g white chocolate buttons, melted
1/2 cup thickened cream
2 tsp gelatine, dissolved in
1/4 cup boiling water
3/4 cup thickened cream, extra, whipped
1 tbs drinking chocolate, for dusting

Method
Combine biscuit crumbs and butter together; press into the base of a lightly greased 22cm spring form pan. Chill.

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, white chocolate, cream and dissolved gelatine, continue beating until smooth.

Pour mixture onto prepared crumb base and refrigerate 2 - 3 hours until set, or overnight. Remove cheesecake gently from pan, spread over with whipped cream and dust generously with drinking chocolate.

5 comments:

Marg said...

This looks fantastic! I have now joined the Kraft site myself thanks to seeing this! And it looks easy to do which is a bonus!

Unknown said...

D'you reckon you could make this withut the gelatine (for a fussy veggie, i.e. me). It sounds so delicious I may have to try.

Melody said...

Raelha - Gelatine helps it set. But I guess you could make it - it would just be creamier and a bit runny, but you could make individual cheesecakes to avoid cutting it... Just an idea. If you do make it let me know how you go...

Unknown said...

Hmm, maybe I could use whipped cream instead of just thickened.

Anonymous said...

It does look yummy... I've never made a cheesecake with gelatine before. I've made a few baked ones before... might have to dig out the recipe